Tonight on May 24, 2010, the whole world stood still and watched the series finale of 24. I’ve followed this series these last 8 years and wanted to highlight some leadership lessons I’ve learned from watching Jack Bauer.
- Jack never quits on his mission. Why should you quit on yours?
- Jack is trustworthy. Do people trust you? Are you dependable?
- Jack is loyal to his friends. How strong is your loyalty? How far will you go to help a friend?
- Jack stands for justice, not convenience. Do you stand for what’s right or with whatever is convenient at the moment?
- Jack perseveres. Do you push through obstacles and/or political barriers or do you get intimidated by them?
- Jack always out smarts his enemies because he knows their weaknesses. How well do you know your enemy? Do you know your weaknesses?
- Jack is not afraid to look evil in the eye and deal with it. Do you deal with it or does it deal with you?
- Jack hates cover-up’s and scandals. What are you covering-up that needs to be brought into the light?
- Jack would give his life for his family. Would you give your life for yours?
- Jack never got caught up in the politics or side dramas around him, he always stayed focused on his mission. What’s your life mission? What is distracting you from accomplishing it?
What are some other leadership lessons you have learned from Jack Bauer these last 8 years? Comment and share them with us!